Master of Arts in Mass Communication & Journalism (M.A. M.C.J.) Program Overview
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
Master of Arts in Mass Communication & Journalism is a two-year program exclusively designed to prepare students for the continuously evolving media & communication industry. The program outlines a perfect blend of the theoretical knowledge and practical exposure for students. Students are encouraged to prepare portfolios short films, writing blogs, writing articles, creating magazines and research projects as their assignments.
Indoor and Outdoor exercises are done to enhance their media communication skills. Regular Industrial interactions & news channels visits are planned to provide hands-on training and experience to the learner. For further updates after completion of the programme learners can pursue higher studies like Ph.D. and M.Phil. in Mass Communication & Journalism. They can also opt for UGC-NET or JRF.
- To provide teaching and training regarding reporting, writing, editing, photographing etc.
- To make the learners understand the role of journalism in society.
- To emphasize the development of critical thinking, professional writing skills and effective oral communication.
- To embed in students the qualities and knowledge required to be a journalist, PRO, etc.
- The program will prepare students for a wide variety of careers in business and industry, advertising, public relations and journalism, or advanced study.
- This program will also give them an improved sense of self-confidence and self- efficacy and an awareness of their responsibilities as professionals in their field.
- Students will be able to design and create blogs, digital audio & video, social media, digital photography, and multimedia and will be better trained to grasp the complex relationship between communication/media theories and a diverse set of individual, social, and professional practices.
Proof reader | Reporter | Sub editor | Editor | Art Director | News Correspondent | News & Fashion Photographer | Cartoonist | Feature Writer | Production Worker | Columnist | Film Director | Journalist | News Analyst | Presenter | Freelance Writer | Public Relations Officer | Radio Jockey | Screenplay writer | Sound Technician | Media Planner and Buyer | Special Correspondent