Master of Arts in Mass Communication & Journalism (M.A. M.C.J.) Program Overview
Graduation in any stream
Master of Arts in Communication & Journalism is a two-year program exclusively designed with career tracks in Advertising and Journalism to prepare students for the continuously evolving media & communication industry. The program outlines a perfect blend of theoretical knowledge and practical exposure for students. Students are encouraged to prepare portfolios of short films, writing blogs, writing articles, creating magazines and research projects as their assignments.
Indoor and Outdoor exercises are done to enhance their media communication skills. Regular Industrial interactions & news channel visits are planned to provide hands-on training and experience to the learner. For further updates after completion of the programme learners can pursue higher studies like Ph.D. and M.Phil. in Mass Communication & Journalism. They can also opt for UGC-NET or JRF.
Proof Reader | Reporter | Sub editor | Editor | Art Director | News Correspondent | News & Fashion Photographer | Cartoonist | Feature Writer | Production Worker | Columnist | Film Director | Journalist | News Analyst | Presenter | Freelance Writer | Public Relations Officer | Radio Jockey | Screenplay Writer | Sound Technician | Media Planner and Buyer | Special Correspondent | Videographer | Advertising Copywriter | Advertising Photographer | Advertising Campaign Manager | Advertising Director | Advertising Manager | Visualizer | Script Writer | Graphic Designer
- To provide teaching and training regarding reporting, writing, editing, photographing etc.
- To make the learners understand the role of journalism in society.
- To emphasize the development of critical thinking, professional writing skills and effective oral communication.
- To embed in students the qualities and knowledge required to be a journalist, PRO, etc.
- The program will prepare students for a wide variety of careers in business and industry, advertising, public relations and journalism or advanced study.
- This program will also give them an improved sense of self-confidence and self-efficacy and an awareness of their responsibilities as professionals in their field.
- Students will be able to design and create blogs, digital audio & video, social media, digital photography and multimedia and will be better trained to grasp the complex relationship between communication/media theories and a diverse set of individual, social and professional practices.
- 60 Marks Final Exam, 40 Marks Group Project
- 100 marks Project
- 60 marks Practical & 40 marks internal