PCACS, New Panvel settled with Silver & Bronze at Mumbai University Rifle Shooting Championship 2018-19
Rakesh Shinde participated in 24 hours ZIGZAG Skating Relay Marathon – An attempt for Unique World Record
Pillai Women Handball Team won Silver Medal in Mumbai University Inter Collegiate Championship 2017-18
Selected to represent the University of Mumbai at All India Inter-University Ball Badminton (Men) Tournament 2017-18
Gymkhana Council Policy
Gymkhana Council of Pillai College of Arts, Commerce & Science (Autonomous) is a mandatory body under University of Mumbai. Sports and Games are one such area promoted by the University with an intention of ensuring Physical, Mental and Emotional Health of the Student Community.
|Chairman||Dr. Gajanan Wader (I/c Principal)|
|Vice-Chairman||Mr. Shardul Buva (Prof-In-Charge)|
|Sports Director||Mr. Vikas Lad|
|Secretary||Ms. Aayushi Bhakta|
|Member||Mr. Kuldeep Prabhu (Asst. Prof.)|
|Member||Ms. Bhavna Parab (Asst. Prof.)|
|Student-In-Charge||Ms. Dhvani Patel|
|Student-In-Charge||Mr. Akshada Aptekar|
- Promote student’s sports participation and to create awareness about the benefits of Physical fitness & Sports and to spread Sports Culture among the Students.
- Search Sports Talent at the College level and to groom them as better performers.
- Project the Potentials of institute by participating in university level, national level and international level tournaments.
- Provide Incentives and bestow Awards to Sports persons to maintain sustained interest among students to participate and perform progressively.
- Involve Alumni, Sports legends & other Sports Agencies for motivating students.
- Develop Adequate and Standard Sports Infrastructure Facilities like Playing Fields, Gymnasium, Multipurpose synthetic turf, Indoor sports and procure Quality Equipment.
- Provide Systematic Coaching Programme by involving Qualified & Competent Personnel to groom institute Teams & Sports Talent.
- Provide financial assistance to students in the forms of concession in fees, travelling allowance, daily allowance etc.
- Provide academic assistance by arranging special lectures and personal coaching on the syllabus they missed out.
- Make sure students will get all needed infrastructure and facilities for excelling in their games, along with that they will achieve required.
1. Roles & Responsibilities
- To formulate Sports Policies, frame Rules & Regulations of Gymkhana Council time – to – time.
- To prepare budget for sports equipments, infrastructure, annual awards, monetary support to students etc. and get it approved from finance department.
- To frame the Guidelines for Admission of Students under “Sports Quota”.
- To frame the Guidelines for Awarding Sports Scholarships to Outstanding students.
- Coordinate council and administrative department for all academic requirements related to students.
- Revise policies, rules & regulations time to time as situation demands.
- Select, Train, Coach and send University Teams and Individuals to participate in the Tournaments at different levels and Other Sports Competitions.
Gymkhana council conducts meets on quarterly basis. On the last Saturday of every quarter council meets for the discussion of regular and specific motions. Council sends Proceedings of meetings to the management of the institute.
There is a provision for extra ordinary meeting, other than quarterly meetings, to discuss urgent businesses.
- Experienced coaches for every sports.
- Sports kits.
- Travelling Allowance, Daily Allowance & Accommodation for outdoor events and practice.
- Scholarships for sports students.
- Attendance consideration.
- Additional lectures.
- Additional examination.
- University ordinance 229 : 10 Grace Marks