Term I Report
Inaugural of Genesis 2019 - Management Fest
Genesis 2019 was inaugurated on 9th September, 2019. Vice-Principal, Prof..Deepika Sharma along with BMS Coordinator Prof. Nithya Varghese and Management Association In-Charge, Prof. Sharavathi.C inaugurated the fest by lighting the lamp.
Day 1 of Genesis 2019 (16th Sept, 2019)
Day 1 of Genesis 2019 started with the event ‘Walk of Corporates’ where our Alumni Mr.Emmanuel Fernandes, Mr. Prithvi Prasad, Mr. Hrishikesh Nair, Ms. Swathi Nair, Ms. Prachi Vanveru gave an inspiring speech about their time in this college and the Co Founders of ‘The Playlist’ Band of Pillai College Mr. Manohith and Danish who with their wonderful performance along with Swathi Nair mesmerised the whole auditorium. Followed by this, events like ‘The Hunt for the Ultimate Incentives’, ‘Wolf of Wall Street’, ‘Genesis Next CEO’ and ‘The Pitch went down as the marquee’ were conducted.
Day 2 of Genesis 2019 (17th Sept, 2019)
Day 2 of Genesis 2019 was an important day for Team Genesis, Management Association conducted a One day Seminar on Entrepreneurship Development and Business Simulation with Resource Person Mr. Abheejit Dash, an IITian from IIT Madras and an Alumni of NMIMS from the batch 2019 who is right now working as Senior Manager in LTT, spoke on Time Management, his journey from 12th Std to being an IITian and then a successful professional aiming for bigger things and being goal oriented and how to prepare for competitive exams in today’s environment. Mr. Justin Ancheta, a passionate brand strategist with a keen sense of Business Models is the director and Co-Founder of Bazana Foods Pvt.Ltd and Founder of B2P Consulting LLC who spoke on marketing trends and strategies and how to grow skills relevant to ones hobbies and why the Entrepreneurial field is going to be the next big thing.
Mr. Tito Aby Idicula and Technological Enthusiast and Smart Worker, Co-Founder of Programming Hub who spoke about start-ups and how to develop a start-up. Then we had our own Ms.Gurpreet Kaur, an Alumni, an amazing writer, a Professor who has helped and inspired a lot of students, she spoke about the freedom of speech and about how we can develop into what we are meant to be. We had a BMS student among us, Mr. Rohit Patil, a second year BMS student, who bombarded in the scene of YouTube as digital curator and he inspired students by speaking about his journey, about social media marketing, about how his YouTube channel which has 857K subscribers was made, it was all inspiring. The Seminar ended with a closing ceremony where the winner of 13 events conducted were felicitated with their certificates from our own Prof. Sharavathi.C Genesis 2019 was a grand success.
Term II Report
The Management Association in collaboration with the Incubation Cell organized a One day Seminar on the topic Intellectual Property Rights. Dr. Vijay Kumar Shivpuje, a reputed member of the National IPR Council, conducted the session.
Dr Vijay started the seminar by talking about what IPR actually is and explained it's importance in the real economy. The seminar was very interactive and informative. Students were highly intrigued with the way Dr Vijay taught the various aspects of the rights to protect their brain child. He also spoke about how startups could benefit the most out of IPR and how it could boost a business.
The different types of Intellectual Property Rights like Copyrights, Geographic Indications, Industrial Design, etc. He used real life examples to make the understanding of the subject at hand better. He also cited his own experiences to help explain the working of IPRs too. The basics of filing IPR, why it is essential, etc were also discussed.
Another topic that was highlighted was Patents and Patent Rights. The importance of patents was discussed along with the procedure of filing, its requirements and benefits.
The seminar concluded with an interactive Questions session where all the students asked their questions and doubts regarding IPR. Dr Vijay made sure everyone went back with a proper knowledge of IPR.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan 2017
The students under the banner of Management Association conducted a social service in Panvel Muncipal School on 28th July, 2017. The students gave lecture to the school student regarding importance of cleanliness and how to keep themselves clean.
Two dustbins for wet and dry waste was donated to the school for the maintenance of school and ensuring proper cleanliness.
The student got good response from the student.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan 2016
The students of Management Association held a cleanliness awareness programme among the people residing near Panvel station on 15th December, 2016. The students explain them the importance of keeping themselves and their surrounding clean.
They distributed soaps and made them realize the importance of keeping their surroundings clean and tidy. The students also made them aware of the various disease caused.
The student got good response from the people.
Management Association organised “FOOD DELIGHT” (food fest) on 5th December, 2015 in association with EDP. 12 Groups from all streams participated.
- Management association organised "I am An Author" online writing context in association with bms.co.in from 21st to 27th July, 2014. Students of all streams were invited to show their talent and have their article published in Bachelors of Management Studies Portal. 21 students participated in this contest. Ms. Sayali Mokal from T.Y. BMS was the winner for this contest. She was awarded with e-certificate.
- Management association conducted Mobile Photography event on 17th September, 2014 based on theme “CAMPUS CLICKS”. 44 students participated and submitted their picture clicked within the college campus within the given time. The winner of the event was Dipesh Patel from SY BMS A and was awarded with certificate and cash price. All the participants were given certificates.
- Management Association organised Social activity on 15th January, 2015 at GIRIJA GHAR, KHARGHAR. It is a small orphanage that consists of around 20 kids of age around 7 to 14 years. Games, gifts, eatable were provided from the donation collected from students.
- Management association organised a seminar on “CAMPUS TO CORPORATE” on 6th February, 2014 at 11.00 am. This seminar was organised for all members of management association.
- Management association conducted “BOOK REVIEW COMPETITION” on 8th August, 2013. 10 students participated in the competition. Winners were awarded with cash price and certificate.
- Management Association conducted “SOCIAL EVENT – HELPING ORPANGESON” on 25th December, 2013. Students donated cloths, stationary items, sports items and eatables.
- Management Association organised "FOOD FESTIVAL" on 31st July, 2012, TUESDAY, between 10:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
- Management association organised “BRAIN GYM” on 12th September, 2012 Wednesday. 48 students participated. Winners were awarded cash price and certificate.
- Management association organised “Kuru K Shetra – Battle of mind”( Group discussion) on 18th September, 2012. 13th students participated. Winners were awarded cash price and certificate.
- Management association presented “MUSKAAN- gift a smile” as event on account of Christmas, A visit to orphanage on 20th December, 2012 at 5.oo pm. Students and teachers contributed Rs 6200 which was a very good response.
The entire amounts collected from donation were used for purchasing eatable and stationary for children.
- Management Association had organised seminar on “CHOICE OR COMPROMISE”, on 16th August, 2011 in conclave. 40 students had participated.
- Management Association presented “MUSKAAN- Gift a smile,” A visit to orphanage on children day 14th November, 2011 at 5.00 p.m. Online promotion on facebook was conducted where in an event page of muskaan was created and people were sent invitation. Students and teachers donated generously and the total collection accounted to Rs 4,100 which was again a very good response.
- Management association organised a seminar on “POSTIVE ATTITUDE” to sharpen the skill of management with in the students by Dr. Sanjay Rohate, who is consultant for Indian Rwg by team and celebraties. The seminar was conducted on 16th August, 2011. 100 Management association students attended the seminar.