The Biotechnology Department has three well ventilated labs which also facilitates microbiology work fitted with burners and equipped with incubators and colorimeters. A separate preparation and washing area is also available which also houses storage for chemicals, autoclaves (different capacities), hot air oven, distillation unit and weighing balance.
Plant Tissue Culture lab
The Biotechnology Department has a well-equipped air conditioned Plant tissue culture lab. The lab has two small rooms with laminar flow hood for aseptic work and racks for storage of cultures. The lab is equipped a plant growth chamber for keeping cultures under controlled light, temperature and humidity. It is suitable for micropopagation of plant in vitro and agriculture related research work.
Animal Tissue Culture Lab
The animal tissue culture room is fitted with double doors in order to make it dust free and to maintain a constant room temperature. It is equipped with the following equipments:
- Laminar hood for aseptic transfer work
- CO 2 incubator for maintaining culture cells which maintains the optimum temperature, moisture (sterile environment) and optimum pH.
- Phase contrast Inverted Microscope to observe the unstained living cells.
- Cryocan for cryopreservation of cells under liquid nitrogen for long term preservation of cells.
The instrumentation room is a facility available for students and faculty to perform Molecular Biology and other Biological experiments. The following instruments are available for various research projects:
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer linked to a computer.
- Phase contrast Microscope
- Thermocycler for polymerase chain reaction.
- Cooling centrifuges with different capacity
- Electrophoretic apparatus with power pack and UV transilluminator.
- Highly sensitive weighing balance
- Small equipments like colorimeter, sonicator, lux meter, pH meter, conductometer, etc.
The Information technology and Computer Science Department have 4 computer labs which have uninterrupted internet facility. During the free time, the faculty and students can avail this resource for various research purpose related to the IT, CS and Bioinformatics research. Students may also use for general purposes like literature reading which is one of importance steps in research.
Teachers and students use computers with language lab software for conducting language learning exercises and activities. Headsets with microphone can be used to communicate and conduct speech exercises. This facility is of great help for research in the field of language and mass media.
Urban Expansion Observatory
Mahatma Education Society has jointly developed a research center called Urban Expansion Observatory in conjunction with New York University Stern School of Business. The observatory is being established to undertake high-resolution satellite imagery to measure the quality of expansion in urban areas from 1990 – 2020.
PCACS has a very resourceful library which houses thousands of reference books and many reputed journals. Through the library faculty and students can get access to numerous E-books, E-journals and other Open Access resources.