Action Taken Report (ATR) 2020-21
Action Taken Report (ATR) 2019-20
Action Taken Report (ATR) 2018-19
- College had applied for an autonomous status in 2018 following which an inspection was carried out on March 15 and 16, 2019 by a committee set up to examine applications for grant of autonomous status.
- Permission granted for D. Research Centre affiliated to University of Mumbai offering Ph.D. Degree in Commerce in the subjects of Accountancy, Business Economics and Business Policy & Administration from the Academic Year 2018-2019.
- Started Autonomous Certificate Courses by in-house Board of Studies: Digital Marketing, Ethical Hacking, Advanced Excel, Financial Modeling, Soft Skills, Basics of Securities Market and Food Technology.
- Started Collaborative Certificate Courses: Aptitude & Soft Skills (Campus Credentials), Certificate Tax Accountant Plus (Satyam Institute).
- Community Interface Committee of the college led to the formation of Navi Mumbai Colleges Association in which Memorandum of Understanding was signed with 6 Colleges in the vicinity to promote cooperation among neighboring Colleges with a view of improving the quality of higher education in the region by sharing resources in Teaching, Learning, Research and Extension.
- Intellectual Policy Rights (IPR) Cell formed and IPR Policy
- Organized National Level Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights and its Role in Indian Economy by Incubation Cell, in association with Centre for Incubation and Business Acceleration (CIBA), Mumbai
- Seminar/Workshop/Training Programmes /Popular Lectures were conducted by various committees at National and International Level as planned in the beginning of the academic year
- Faculty and student participation in research activities has increased. A large number of faculty presented research papers in various conferences and awarded Ph.D. degree. Student’s participation in the Avishkar Research Convention has increased.
- E- Content was developed by teachers which has been put up on Mahatma Education Society (MES: Parent Body) Learning Channel for the benefit of the students.
- Infrastructure and technology has been augmented for stimulating the academic environment which includes availability of facilities such as Media Centre, Recording facility, Lecture Capturing System (LCS) for e-content development. Up gradation of Computer Laboratories was carried out.
- Internships were fructified for students with corporate big wigs like Satyam to develop their practical skills, workplace experience and greater knowledge of that industry.
- Student Satisfaction Survey (SSS) was conducted on overall institutional performance and was analyzed for initiating further improvements.
- UGC has selected our institution under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, a flagship program of MHRD, Government of India. As per the guidelines the N.S.S. unit of the college has adopted five villages namely Nevali, Pale Bk, Valap, Nitalas and Vavanje for Baseline Household survey as well as village survey.
- Participation in Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)and the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- More participation of teachers in Academic Bodies.
- Workshops and Seminars were conducted on Value Education.
- Alumni have been engaged for availing their expertise, for mentoring, fundraising, for career support to current students. A number of sessions have been organized in this regard. A mega Alumni Meet was organized on 22nd December, 2018 to celebrate 20th Anniversary of the college. To celebrate 50 years of Mahatma Education Society (Parent Body), our college has decided to celebrate 50 Saturdays of the entire year for which Alumni Association will be conducting events along with other Committees and Departments in which the alumni would be engaged as experts to utilize their expertise for the benefit and progress of the present students.
- C.K. Prashant (Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biotechnology) has been appointed as a Consultant with iHeal Innovations LLP with effect from 15th March, 2019 to provide intellectual support, involvement in scientific discussions, method/product development and grant writing.