Placement Cell conducted Career Guidance Session for T.Y. B.Sc. (I.T.) and T.Y.B.Sc. (C.S.) students on 18th June, 2016 in the auditorium (7th Floor, Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai Campus, New Panvel).
Head of the Placement Cell Mrs. Padmaja Ganti inaugurated the event. Mrs. Shubhangi Pawar, a member of the Placement Cell members informed, all the rules and regulations related to placement, to the students. The session was attended by 300 students.
Showstoppers of the event were some of our Alumni, who are well placed in renown software companies. They guided and shared their work experience with our T.Y. students.
Alumni invited for the event were :-
- Mr. Rahul Mhatre, Project Leader, L&T Infotech
- Mr. Nilesh Gupta, Human Resource Manager, Wipro Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Aditya Kaushik, Technical Support, Wipro Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Anmol Shrivastav, Linux Support, L&T Infotech
Following points are the highlights of the discussion
- Whether to go for post-graduation or not?
- How to select desired company?
- Different categories of job opportunities in IT industry.
- How to select the correct Career path?
- How to face campus interview?
- Dos and don’ts for technical interview.
- Scope of I.T. and C.S. syllabus in industry.
- Languages which are currently in boom.
- Certification courses and their use.